In the previous post we left the Missouri River at sunset just below Franklin Island. We are returning back to the river on a foggy morning below Coopers Landing. The photo story continues through the 3rd and 4th day of my race to St Charles.
- Foggy mornings - nice photographic opportunities at sunrise.
- Heavy headwinds during daytime.
- I had a good 6 hour sleep in a tent at Coopers Landing, and then just napping for 3 hour in a boat at the last night.
- Last night: "something big" jumped out next to me and swamp my boat; I had to pump out a few gallons of water; one of these near heart attack situations ...
- I was paddling solo almost all time except first few hours of the race, but I had unexpected finish together with Bryan Hopkins.
A Guidebook for Paddling the Missouri River from the Headwaters to St. Louis, Missouri